As COP27 approaches, the glare of the world’s attention is once again (rightfully) focused on climate change. Air travel is high on the list of industries where radical action is a priority. To date, much of the attention has been focused on cutting emissions from air travel. However, the drive for sustainability goes far wider. This very much includes the airport sector, which is aiming for a swift reduction in its carbon footprint.
We recently sat down with Passenger Terminal World to talk about one of biggest sustainability drives in the sector – verification document readers. In this piece we answer the following questions:
- What Net Zero targets are facing the industry?
- What is an Energy Star rating, and why does it matter?
- How can document readers help with efficiency within air travel?
- What green credentials should you look for in a document reader?
- How are suppliers responding to the need for energy efficiency?
For the full piece please check out the latest edition of Passenger Terminal World: https://www.ukimediaevents.com/publication/ad03b3bd/80
For further reading: