Welcome to Paris, a city that’s famous for its food, fashion and art. We’re lucky enough to have our head office here, so our team have lots of opportunity to soak up the culture and get inspired.
Next week, on the 28th – 30th November, our home city will welcome energy professionals from around the world to Enlit Europe as they come together to meet and make progress towards a greener, decarbonised world.
In the spirit of sharing the magic of Paris, here are some must-see attractions for visitors to the event:
- The Louvre: This is one of Paris’ most striking buildings. The modern glass pyramid stands in stark contrast to the historical surroundings, making this one of the most photographed spots in the city. Inside, immerse yourself in some of the world’s most iconic paintings and sculptures – but don’t forget to book in advance to guarantee entry.
- The Orangerie Museum: Visit The Orangerie to view the iconic ‘Water Lilies’ by Claude Monet. The famous collection of artwork is displayed across a series of rooms and guests are asked to remain silent – providing a tranquil escape from the urban buzz. Other artists on display include Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso and Henri Rousseau.
- The Eiffel Tower: Paris wouldn’t be Paris without the iconic silhouette of the Eiffel Tower. You’ll catch glimpses of the tower when strolling around the city, but it’s well worth a visit to enjoy the panoramic views from the top.
- The Seine River: The Seine River runs through the centre of Paris, and you can’t go wrong with a gentle walk or boat trip to soak up the city. You’ll enjoy some of the city’s most beautiful architecture, passing landmarks including The Notre-Dame and the Orsay Museum.
- Montmartre: The neighbourhood of Montmartre is known for its artistic history and bohemian atmosphere. Be sure to climb the steps to the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur for a breathtaking view of the city, and wander through the area’s narrow streets filled with artists’ studios and cafes. Don’t forget to visit Place du Tertre, where local artists display their work in an open-air square.
Finally, if you’re attending Enlit Europe at Paris Porte de Versaille, you will be able to find us at the GSMA stand 7.2.E162 or in meeting room 7.3MR08. Come and talk to us about how our advanced technologies and innovation around the Internet of Things are shaping the future.
Find out more here: https://www.enlit.world/directory/thales-2/